June 25, 2012

The drowned one - acrylic painting

If there is one thing in the world of paint I love, it is uncomplicated paint. 

Like acrylic paint. I love it. Its almost as forgiving as Photoshop ;) and not as nearly as uncontrollable as water colors. You don't have to worry about stripes as you have to while working with copics, and you have no reason to worry about edges like you have to with colored ink ;D

And you can do biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig paintings in a bearable time XD

But I'm working far too rarely with it.
I made this one just the last two days, and it's the first painting with acrylic since four or five years - the last one I made was when I was still in school.



It took me about 8 hours and I was proud and happy and had to show it around. And it appeared that the damn arm was just ....wrong. So the next day I went on and ....

...took the arm, painted over and painted it new, correct this time. The hand got lost cause the canvas was too small for that, but I think I like the new version more:


Yay! I really love acrylic. XD
The pic is 40*60cm, on canvas board, and it costs a nearly whole tube of white paint - I think I have to buy a larger tube next time. Or a whole bottle. Or a maybe a bucket..
What do you think?|D

 Have a nice time! ;)

2 comments:

  1. ist acrylic Ölmalerei? Es sieht zumindest so aus ...
    Und ich finde Ölmalerei auch echt super - damit geht so viel und wie du schon sagtest - es verzeiht! ^^

    Dein Bild find ich super, die Farben sind toll und der neue Arm passt jetzt auch besser (jetzt weiß ich auch, was mich auf dem ersten irgendwie etwas irritiert hatte *lach)
    Toll geworden! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danke dir! :D *knuddels*

      Nee, Acryl sind ne eigene 'Farbgattung' ;) Die Konsistenz ist etwas flüssiger als Ölfarbe, eher wie Tempera oder sowas, und Acrylfarben trocknen auch sehr viel schneller - wenn man nur ne dünne Farbschicht hat kann man sich nach 10 Minuten auf das Bild drauflegen und nix färbt ab ;) Je nachdem sind die Farben nach dem Trocknen mindestens Wasserfest, und oft sogar Wetterfest 8D Acryl kommt glaube ich auch ursprünglich aus dem Aussenbereich, da wird ja oft Acryllack verwendet :)
      Ölmalerei hab ich selbst noch nie ausprobiert, hab nur meiner Schwester manchmal über die Schulter geguckt - ich glaub die Techniken sind ähnlich, nur bei Öl kann man ewig die Farben modellieren, während man bei Acryl dann eher drübermalt ^^;

      Delete